Chicago Man Charged with UUW by a Felon after Firearms Found in His Bedroom
Posted on May 31st, 2018
A 29-year-old Chicago man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after three firearms were found in his bedroom, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8 a.m. on May 30, Sheriff’s Police officers were executing a warrant at a residence in the 5700 block of South Prairie in Chicago, where they encountered Damien Spencer-Rule in a bedroom.
Three handguns were located in the bedroom: a Clerke revolver, a Smith & Wesson CTG revolver and a Glock 17 semi-automatic with a 30-round-capacity magazine. All three weapons were loaded. A box containing ammunition was also recovered.
Spencer-Rule, who lives at the residence, was arrested by Sheriff’s Police. Sheriff’s Police investigators learned the weapons were his and that he did not have a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card nor a concealed carry license. Spencer-Rule also was convicted of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, a felony, in 2010.
He was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, a class 3 felony. His bond was set at $5,000-D during his court appearance today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building, and he was ordered to be placed on electronic monitoring if bond is posted.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security InvestigationAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van DykeMembers of the public who wish to observe the upcoming People vs. Van Dyke criminal trial will be [Read More]
- Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyA 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child [Read More]
- Man Found with a Loaded Gun Charged with Unlawful Use of a WeaponA Ford Heights man previously convicted of a felony, and who is also a registered sex offender, has [Read More]
- Traffic Stop Leads to Unlawful Use of a Weapon Charge against DriverAn Indiana man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a stun gun was found [Read More]