Chicago Man Charged with UUW by a Felon after Firearms Found in His Bedroom
Posted on May 31st, 2018
A 29-year-old Chicago man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after three firearms were found in his bedroom, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8 a.m. on May 30, Sheriff’s Police officers were executing a warrant at a residence in the 5700 block of South Prairie in Chicago, where they encountered Damien Spencer-Rule in a bedroom.
Three handguns were located in the bedroom: a Clerke revolver, a Smith & Wesson CTG revolver and a Glock 17 semi-automatic with a 30-round-capacity magazine. All three weapons were loaded. A box containing ammunition was also recovered.
Spencer-Rule, who lives at the residence, was arrested by Sheriff’s Police. Sheriff’s Police investigators learned the weapons were his and that he did not have a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card nor a concealed carry license. Spencer-Rule also was convicted of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, a felony, in 2010.
He was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, a class 3 felony. His bond was set at $5,000-D during his court appearance today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building, and he was ordered to be placed on electronic monitoring if bond is posted.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Electronically Monitored Defendant Jumps from Balcony, FleesThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help in locating a 23-year-old man who was [Read More]
- Detainee Charged in Attack on Cook County Jail StaffA detainee has been charged after a Sheriff’s Office investigation found he attacked a Cook County [Read More]
- Sheriff Launches Program to Address Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today the launch of the Sheriff’s Opioid Addiction [Read More]
- Ford Heights Man Charged after Child Accidently Shoots another ChildA gun owner has been charged after a 5-year-old boy was accidently shot by another child this week [Read More]
- Man Charged with Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA Chicago man has been charged after a Sheriff’s Police investigation found he had sexually abused [Read More]