Chicago Man Charged with UUW by a Felon after Firearms Found in His Bedroom
Posted on May 31st, 2018
A 29-year-old Chicago man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after three firearms were found in his bedroom, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8 a.m. on May 30, Sheriff’s Police officers were executing a warrant at a residence in the 5700 block of South Prairie in Chicago, where they encountered Damien Spencer-Rule in a bedroom.
Three handguns were located in the bedroom: a Clerke revolver, a Smith & Wesson CTG revolver and a Glock 17 semi-automatic with a 30-round-capacity magazine. All three weapons were loaded. A box containing ammunition was also recovered.
Spencer-Rule, who lives at the residence, was arrested by Sheriff’s Police. Sheriff’s Police investigators learned the weapons were his and that he did not have a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card nor a concealed carry license. Spencer-Rule also was convicted of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, a felony, in 2010.
He was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, a class 3 felony. His bond was set at $5,000-D during his court appearance today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building, and he was ordered to be placed on electronic monitoring if bond is posted.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]