Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to Residence
Posted on June 26th, 2019
A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches that convert Glock handguns to fully automatic weapons was delivered to his residence, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Sheriff’s Police investigators received information from Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) that a package with two switches addressed to a “John Wick” at a residence in the 3100 block of South Green Street in Chicago had been intercepted at a postal facility.
At approximately 9:45 a.m. on June 25, Sheriff’s Police, Chicago Police’s 9th District Tactical Team, HSI and the United States Postal Inspection Service executed a search warrant at the residence after the package was delivered to the address. As officers approached the residence, a man, later identified as Javeon Burton Allen, ran out the backdoor. He was taken into custody after a short foot pursuit.
During the search warrant’s execution, officers found the open package inside the residence, empty. Both switches were later recovered. Officers also recovered a Taurus handgun, multiple magazines, and ammunition. Burton Allen has a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification (FOID) card.
Burton Allen was charged on June 25 with unlawful use of a weapon/machine gun- automatic weapon. His bond was set at $1,000-D today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]