Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to Residence
Posted on June 26th, 2019
A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches that convert Glock handguns to fully automatic weapons was delivered to his residence, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Sheriff’s Police investigators received information from Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) that a package with two switches addressed to a “John Wick” at a residence in the 3100 block of South Green Street in Chicago had been intercepted at a postal facility.
At approximately 9:45 a.m. on June 25, Sheriff’s Police, Chicago Police’s 9th District Tactical Team, HSI and the United States Postal Inspection Service executed a search warrant at the residence after the package was delivered to the address. As officers approached the residence, a man, later identified as Javeon Burton Allen, ran out the backdoor. He was taken into custody after a short foot pursuit.
During the search warrant’s execution, officers found the open package inside the residence, empty. Both switches were later recovered. Officers also recovered a Taurus handgun, multiple magazines, and ammunition. Burton Allen has a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification (FOID) card.
Burton Allen was charged on June 25 with unlawful use of a weapon/machine gun- automatic weapon. His bond was set at $1,000-D today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]