Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to Residence
Posted on June 26th, 2019
A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches that convert Glock handguns to fully automatic weapons was delivered to his residence, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Sheriff’s Police investigators received information from Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) that a package with two switches addressed to a “John Wick” at a residence in the 3100 block of South Green Street in Chicago had been intercepted at a postal facility.
At approximately 9:45 a.m. on June 25, Sheriff’s Police, Chicago Police’s 9th District Tactical Team, HSI and the United States Postal Inspection Service executed a search warrant at the residence after the package was delivered to the address. As officers approached the residence, a man, later identified as Javeon Burton Allen, ran out the backdoor. He was taken into custody after a short foot pursuit.
During the search warrant’s execution, officers found the open package inside the residence, empty. Both switches were later recovered. Officers also recovered a Taurus handgun, multiple magazines, and ammunition. Burton Allen has a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification (FOID) card.
Burton Allen was charged on June 25 with unlawful use of a weapon/machine gun- automatic weapon. His bond was set at $1,000-D today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with TraffickingA 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police K9 “Lula Belle” Finds Missing Person in StegerA Willow Springs man who was reported missing was safely located by Sheriff’s Police K9 Lula Belle [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Recovering at Home After Testing Positive for COVID-19On Friday, Nov. 27, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart received confirmation that he was positive for COVID-19 [Read More]