Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit Investigation
Posted on May 24th, 2019
A 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal following an undercover Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice unit investigation, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 7 p.m. on May 23, the Vice Unit learned during an undercover operation that a man, later identified as Gabriel Johnson, was profiting from acts of prostitution by a 24-year-old woman. The woman, who investigators took into custody at an Arlington Heights area hotel, was not charged and was offered victim services through the Sheriff’s Office.
Johnson arrived while investigators were in the hotel room. Investigators ordered him to get on the ground after a gun was seen in his waistband. He complied and was taken into custody. Investigators recovered a loaded, a 9 mm semi-automatic weapon from his person.
Johnson, of the 1100 block of North Leclaire Avenue, was charged with promoting prostitution, a class 4 felony, and armed habitual criminal, a class X felony. He also had an outstanding warrant for unlawful use of a weapon. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]