Chicago Man Charged with Multiple Felonies for Explicit Texts, Possession of Child Pornography
Posted on May 7th, 2021
COOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man who engaged in sexually explicit conversations and sent graphic videos to a Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit investigator posing as a 15-year-old boy has been charged with multiple felonies related to sex offenses against children, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On April 22, an SVU investigator was contacted via a popular messaging app by Francis Agins, 32, of the 10500 block of South Avenue J, who initiated a sexual conversation. The investigator texted Agins that he was 15. Over the next 13 days, Agins sent explicit messages and videos of himself to the investigator and repeatedly requested that the investigator posing as a minor send him sexually explicit pictures.
On May 5, the investigator arranged to meet Agins at a fast-food restaurant in Oak Lawn, and when Agins arrived, he was placed into custody and transported to Sheriff’s Police headquarters in Maywood. After being issued his Miranda warning, Agins told investigators he believed the person he was texting was a minor, and that he sent sexually explicit texts and videos to the individual. A subsequent search of Agins’ mobile device revealed multiple images of prepubescent minors engaged in sexual acts.
Agins appeared in the Bridgeview Courthouse today for a bond hearing where bond was set at $20,000 D on felony charges of grooming, indecent solicitation of a child via the internet, indecent solicitation/aggravated criminal sexual abuse, traveling to meet a minor, aggravated criminal sexual abuse/victim over 5 years old, manufacturing harmful material/webcam/device, possession of child pornography, and solicitation of child pornography.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart’s Child Rescue Unit Locates 1000th Youth in CareCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Police Child Rescue Unit (CRU) located its 1,000th [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Chess Team Places Second in International Chess TournamentCOOK COUNTY, IL – Seven individuals in custody at the Cook County Jail competed this morning in an [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Spotlights Public-Facing Community Resource CenterCOOK COUNTY, IL – With significant challenges facing Chicago area residents who struggle with [Read More]
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]
- Des Plaines Man Charged with Attempt Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse of a Minor and Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 69-year-old Des Plaines man has been charged with multiple felonies after he [Read More]