Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
Posted on February 4th, 2021
A 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit investigator posing as a teenage girl on a messaging app, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Juan Heredia, of the 5000 block of Richmond Ave, was arrested on Wednesday Feb. 3 by Sheriff’s Police after he traveled to meet a person he believed was a 15-year-old girl, according to the investigation.
Heredia first contacted the undercover officer who was posing as a teenage girl on the messaging app on Jan 29. The undercover officer informed Heredia that the person he was communicating with was 15, but Heredia continued to send sexually explicit messages. Heredia then arranged to meet the individual to engage in sexual activity, according to the investigation.
Heredia appeared today at a bond hearing at the George N. Leighton Criminal Courthouse on felony charges of attempted aggravated criminal sexual abuse, grooming, indecent solicitation of a child, and traveling to meet a minor. Bail was set at $50,000.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Anyone with information about suspected sexual crimes against children or human trafficking is encouraged to contact the Sheriff’s Office on-line at https://www.cookcountysheriff.org/submit-acrime-tip/ or call the Sheriff’s Police non-emergency number at 847-635-1188.
Recent Press Releases
- 25 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Man Charged with Illegally Transferring FirearmCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 22-year-old Midlothian man has been charged after a Sheriff’s Police [Read More]
- Man Charged with Aggravated Battery to a Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with multiple felonies after a Cook County [Read More]
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Ford Heights ShootingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after an investigation [Read More]
- Woman Charged with Stabbing Woman, Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 42-year-old woman has been charged with aggravated battery after a Cook County [Read More]