Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
Posted on February 4th, 2021
A 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit investigator posing as a teenage girl on a messaging app, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Juan Heredia, of the 5000 block of Richmond Ave, was arrested on Wednesday Feb. 3 by Sheriff’s Police after he traveled to meet a person he believed was a 15-year-old girl, according to the investigation.
Heredia first contacted the undercover officer who was posing as a teenage girl on the messaging app on Jan 29. The undercover officer informed Heredia that the person he was communicating with was 15, but Heredia continued to send sexually explicit messages. Heredia then arranged to meet the individual to engage in sexual activity, according to the investigation.
Heredia appeared today at a bond hearing at the George N. Leighton Criminal Courthouse on felony charges of attempted aggravated criminal sexual abuse, grooming, indecent solicitation of a child, and traveling to meet a minor. Bail was set at $50,000.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Anyone with information about suspected sexual crimes against children or human trafficking is encouraged to contact the Sheriff’s Office on-line at https://www.cookcountysheriff.org/submit-acrime-tip/ or call the Sheriff’s Police non-emergency number at 847-635-1188.
Recent Press Releases
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with TraffickingA 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police K9 “Lula Belle” Finds Missing Person in StegerA Willow Springs man who was reported missing was safely located by Sheriff’s Police K9 Lula Belle [Read More]