Case Study W. B.
Home > Case Study W. B.
Charge: Retail Theft of liquor
Days in Jail: 309 days
Cost to taxpayers: $44,187
- 48 arrests – 19 bookings into CCDOC – 9 admissions to IDOC
- 49-year-old W.B.’s most recent arrest occurred on October 2, 2014. He was identified by staff at a local grocery store as the offender who had taken several bottles of alcohol and left the store on a bicycle on a few different occasions.
- He was released onto Electronic Monitoring the next day but was subsequently booked back into Cook County Jail for another, almost identical retail arrest with circumstances almost identical to the original arrest.
- Between time on Electronic Monitoring and time in jail, W.B. has been in custody for 186 days on these retail theft charges. The estimated cost to house for this booking is $26,598.
- His lawyers have been attempting to get him placed into specialty courts but have not yet had any success
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]