Case Study R. M.
Home > Case Study R. M.
Charge: Retail Theft
Days in Jail: 308 days
Cost to taxpayers: $44,044
- 30 arrests – 30 bookings in Cook County Jail – 7 admissions to IDOC. Aside from a Burglary conviction from 1999, all of R.M.’s IDOC admissions have been for Retail Theft.
- 51-year-old R.M.’s most recent arrest occurred on September 27, 2014. Police officers on patrol observed a CVS loss prevention agent pursuing someone through the store parking lot. When they arrived, the agent had detained R.M. after observing him place several packs of toothpaste and breath mints in his bag and exit the store. He was arrested and brought to Cook County Jail.
- The judge ordered him to be placed on Electronic Home Monitoring on his first court date, but he had no residence within Cook County where he could be placed, so he remained in jail. He has been in custody on this case for 308 days, or 10 months. Cost to taxpayers for this incarceration so far is about $44,044
- A psychological exam to test R.M.’s fitness to stand trial was ordered at his last court date.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]
- Des Plaines Man Charged with Attempt Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse of a Minor and Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 69-year-old Des Plaines man has been charged with multiple felonies after he [Read More]
- Crestwood Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – An 18-year-old Crestwood man has been charged with possession of child [Read More]
- 21 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Oak Lawn Man Charged in Death of Hometown Police LieutenantCOOK COUNTY, IL – An Oak Lawn man who allegedly struck and killed a Hometown Police Lieutenant [Read More]