Case Study M. S.
Home > Case Study M. S.
Charge: Retail Theft of liquor
Days in Jail: 309 days
Cost to taxpayers: $44,187
- 48 arrests – 19 bookings into CCDOC – 9 admissions to IDOC
- 49-year-old W.B.’s most recent arrest occurred on October 2, 2014. He was identified by staff at a local grocery store as the offender who had taken several bottles of alcohol and left the store on a bicycle on a few different occasions.
- He was released onto Electronic Monitoring the next day but was subsequently booked back into Cook County Jail for another, almost identical retail arrest with circumstances almost identical to the original arrest.
- Between time on Electronic Monitoring and time in jail, W.B. has been in custody for 186 days on these retail theft charges. The estimated cost to house for this booking is $26,598.
- His lawyers have been attempting to get him placed into specialty courts but have not yet had any success
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]
- Des Plaines Man Charged with Attempt Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse of a Minor and Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 69-year-old Des Plaines man has been charged with multiple felonies after he [Read More]
- Crestwood Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – An 18-year-old Crestwood man has been charged with possession of child [Read More]
- 21 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Oak Lawn Man Charged in Death of Hometown Police LieutenantCOOK COUNTY, IL – An Oak Lawn man who allegedly struck and killed a Hometown Police Lieutenant [Read More]