Case Study D. E.
Home > Case Study D. E.
Charge: Trespassing at O’Hare International Airport
Days in Jail: 86
Cost to taxpayers: $12,298
- 28 arrests total – 16 bookings into Cook County Jail
- Collectively, D.E., who is 51-years-old, has spent 247 days in CCDOC at a cost of $35,321. In the past three years alone, D.E. has been booked to CCDOC eight times and has spent 190 days in the jail.
- D.E.’s most recent arrest occurred on Nov. 29, 2014. He was arrested for trespassing at O’Hare after security recognized him and was aware he was wanted for failure to appear in court for a previous trespassing case. An additional Violation of Bail Bond charge was added, and he was booked back into CCDOC. His bond was set at $1,000. A mental health evaluation was ordered by the court and D.E. was found unfit to stand trial. D.E. was sent to the Department of Mental Health after 86 days in jail.
- All but one of his recent bookings have been for the same charge: Criminal Trespass to State Land. Each time, he is seen loitering at or around O’Hare airport and is arrested after being asked to leave several times and freely reporting that he has no legitimate reason for being at the airport.
- In many of his arrest reports officers admit to approaching him because they recognize him as a habitual trespasser, know that he is out on bond from Criminal Trespass at O’Hare, or know that he has an active warrant for failure to appear in court.
- He continually gets released on I-Bonds and subsequently fails to appear in court or gets re-arrested at O’Hare and booked back into CCDOC for the Criminal Trespass and the Violation Bail Bond.
- One of his few non-criminal trespass arrests occurred on Sept. 27, 2013. D.E. attempted to steal 1 bottle of Pepsi and 1 bag of cookies totaling $4.58 from Jewel Osco. He spent 28 days in jail before being released with time considered served.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]