Case Study D. E.
Home > Case Study D. E.
Charge: Trespassing at O’Hare International Airport
Days in Jail: 86
Cost to taxpayers: $12,298
- 28 arrests total – 16 bookings into Cook County Jail
- Collectively, D.E., who is 51-years-old, has spent 247 days in CCDOC at a cost of $35,321. In the past three years alone, D.E. has been booked to CCDOC eight times and has spent 190 days in the jail.
- D.E.’s most recent arrest occurred on Nov. 29, 2014. He was arrested for trespassing at O’Hare after security recognized him and was aware he was wanted for failure to appear in court for a previous trespassing case. An additional Violation of Bail Bond charge was added, and he was booked back into CCDOC. His bond was set at $1,000. A mental health evaluation was ordered by the court and D.E. was found unfit to stand trial. D.E. was sent to the Department of Mental Health after 86 days in jail.
- All but one of his recent bookings have been for the same charge: Criminal Trespass to State Land. Each time, he is seen loitering at or around O’Hare airport and is arrested after being asked to leave several times and freely reporting that he has no legitimate reason for being at the airport.
- In many of his arrest reports officers admit to approaching him because they recognize him as a habitual trespasser, know that he is out on bond from Criminal Trespass at O’Hare, or know that he has an active warrant for failure to appear in court.
- He continually gets released on I-Bonds and subsequently fails to appear in court or gets re-arrested at O’Hare and booked back into CCDOC for the Criminal Trespass and the Violation Bail Bond.
- One of his few non-criminal trespass arrests occurred on Sept. 27, 2013. D.E. attempted to steal 1 bottle of Pepsi and 1 bag of cookies totaling $4.58 from Jewel Osco. He spent 28 days in jail before being released with time considered served.
Recent Press Releases
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Warns of Ruse BurglariesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning the public about ruse burglaries following an [Read More]
- Two Teens Charged in Fatal Palatine Township ShootingTwo teens have been charged in connection with the murder of man in unincorporated Palatine, Cook [Read More]
- Matteson Man Charged after Sheriff’s Police Recover Two Loaded FirearmsA Matteson man has been charged after Sheriff’s Police recovered two loaded firearms during a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 390 ArrestsCOOK COUNTY, IL – More than 390 individuals were arrested by two dozen police agencies across the [Read More]