Broadview Man Arrested for Involuntary Sexual Servitude of a Minor
Posted on January 10th, 2016
A 26-year-old man has been charged with involuntary sexual servitude of a minor after the Cook County Sheriff’s Vice Unit arrested him during an undercover operation, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
James R. Taylor, of Broadview, was arrested Jan. 8 in the western suburbs during an undercover operation, during which members of the Vice Unit responded to a “female escort” advertisement found on Backpage.com’s adult section. After connecting with the female over the phone, they arranged a date at a hotel along Roosevelt Rd. Upon entering the room, the female offered sex acts for money, at which point the undercover Vice officer identified himself as a police officer and took her into custody, with the intention of offering her supportive service and ascertaining whether she was willingly performing these sex acts.
As the Vice officers questioned the victim, Taylor began knocking on the door and attempting to enter the room. Sheriff’s officers immediately took him into custody as well. An investigation identified the victim as a 16-year-old who had been reported missing several months earlier. Further investigation revealed that Taylor had been sexually trafficking the victim and keeping the money earned from her prostitution.
The Sheriff’s Office brought the victim into the custody of the Illinois Department of Children & Family Services, where she is currently receiving therapeutic treatment and counseling.
Jackson was charged Saturday with involuntary sexual servitude of a minor, promoting prostitution of a minor, and trafficking for benefits. He is scheduled to appear in bond court today (Sunday) at the George N. Leighton Criminal Courts Building.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]