Boyfriend Charged in Woman’s Murder
Posted on October 1st, 2016
A 44-year-old man has been charged with murder in connection with the death of a woman whose body was found Thursday morning at a golf course in DuPage County, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8 a.m. on Sept. 29, the body of a 37-year-old woman was found at the White Pines Golf Course in unincorporated DuPage County. Further investigation found that the woman – whose name is not being released because her family has not yet been notified – had been killed at the 11500 block of West Grand Avenue in unincorporated Cook County, where she lived with her boyfriend.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police detectives learned that at approximately 5 a.m. on Sept. 29, the victim had been in argument with her boyfriend, Johnanthan Condrey, and was fatally stabbed as a result.
Her body was then driven to the golf course and left there.
Condrey was charged with first degree murder on the night of Sept. 30. Another man who had been taken into custody during the investigation was released without charges. Condrey is scheduled to appear today for a bond hearing at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
Sheriff Dart would like to thank the Chicago Police Department and the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office for their assistance in this investigation.
Sheriff Dart also reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]