Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child Pornography
Posted on September 11th, 2018
A 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child pornography on his devices, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Donald Walker was arrested and charged on Sept. 10.
Sheriff’s Police investigators working with a Federal Task Force discovered an IP address accessing child pornography images and videos. The subsequent investigation identified the IP address belonging to a home in Hazel Crest where Walker was living. The homeowner consented to a search of the residence. Investigators found two hard drives belonging to Walker, who consented to a search of those devices.
A forensic search of the hard drives found child pornography depicting children under the age of 13.
Walker was charged with two counts of possession of child pornography. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Markham Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]
- Sheriff Warns of Phone Scam Involving Apple Inc.Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning of a sophisticated phone scam targeting Cook County [Read More]