Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child Pornography
Posted on September 11th, 2018
A 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child pornography on his devices, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Donald Walker was arrested and charged on Sept. 10.
Sheriff’s Police investigators working with a Federal Task Force discovered an IP address accessing child pornography images and videos. The subsequent investigation identified the IP address belonging to a home in Hazel Crest where Walker was living. The homeowner consented to a search of the residence. Investigators found two hard drives belonging to Walker, who consented to a search of those devices.
A forensic search of the hard drives found child pornography depicting children under the age of 13.
Walker was charged with two counts of possession of child pornography. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Markham Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]
- Information Sought on Hit and Run DriverCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help to identify the driver of a [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van Dyke Post-Trial HearingMembers of the public interested in attending the People vs. Van Dyke post-trial hearing scheduled [Read More]
- CVS Health, Sheriff Tom Dart Announce Joint Effort to Raise Consumer Awareness about Safe Medication Disposal in Cook CountyCVS Health (NYSE: CVS) and Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart today announced a joint effort to [Read More]