Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child Pornography
Posted on September 11th, 2018
A 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child pornography on his devices, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Donald Walker was arrested and charged on Sept. 10.
Sheriff’s Police investigators working with a Federal Task Force discovered an IP address accessing child pornography images and videos. The subsequent investigation identified the IP address belonging to a home in Hazel Crest where Walker was living. The homeowner consented to a search of the residence. Investigators found two hard drives belonging to Walker, who consented to a search of those devices.
A forensic search of the hard drives found child pornography depicting children under the age of 13.
Walker was charged with two counts of possession of child pornography. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Markham Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]