Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child Pornography
Posted on September 11th, 2018
A 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child pornography on his devices, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Donald Walker was arrested and charged on Sept. 10.
Sheriff’s Police investigators working with a Federal Task Force discovered an IP address accessing child pornography images and videos. The subsequent investigation identified the IP address belonging to a home in Hazel Crest where Walker was living. The homeowner consented to a search of the residence. Investigators found two hard drives belonging to Walker, who consented to a search of those devices.
A forensic search of the hard drives found child pornography depicting children under the age of 13.
Walker was charged with two counts of possession of child pornography. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Markham Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security InvestigationAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van DykeMembers of the public who wish to observe the upcoming People vs. Van Dyke criminal trial will be [Read More]
- Man Found with a Loaded Gun Charged with Unlawful Use of a WeaponA Ford Heights man previously convicted of a felony, and who is also a registered sex offender, has [Read More]
- Traffic Stop Leads to Unlawful Use of a Weapon Charge against DriverAn Indiana man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a stun gun was found [Read More]
- Man Charged after Gun Found in Backpack at the Daley CenterA 42-year-old Chicago man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a loaded [Read More]