Berwyn Man Charged with Indecent Solicitation of a Child
Posted on February 3rd, 2019
A 53-year-old Berwyn man has been charged with indecent solicitation of a child following a Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit operation, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the investigation, on Feb. 1, a man, later identified as Jon Bilich, responded to an online advertisement via text message. During those message exchanges, he believed he was communicating with a 16-year-old girl and had offered to pay money for sex with her.
Bilich arrived at a hotel near Midway International Airport at approximately 11:50 p.m. on Feb. 1 to meet the girl. Instead, he was met by the Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit, who took him into custody. The person Bilich had been communicating with was an undercover Sheriff’s Police investigator, who was working as part of an operation targeting buyers of commercial sex.
After further investigation, Bilich was charged on Feb. 2 with indecent solicitation of a child and traveling to meet a minor, both class 3 felonies. He is scheduled to appear today for a bond hearing, at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]