Attempted Child Luring Reported in Unincorporated Glenview
Posted on August 31st, 2015
Cook County Sheriff’s Police are looking for a man in connection with a reported child luring attempt in unincorporated Glenview, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the Sheriff’s Police report, at approximately 3 p.m. on Aug. 27 a man in a 4-door Chevrolet Avalanche style vehicle approached two 10 year-old girls who were walking from a school bus stop near Huber Lane and Knollwood Lane. The man waived at the girl to come toward him, but the girl did not move toward him. He approached the second girl in his vehicle and motioned her to come toward him. She did not.
The man then drove off, turned left and continued westbound on Knollwood Lane.
The man is described as a white, in his 20s to 30s, thin build, bald, with a trimmed reddish color beard. He wore a long sleeve gray t-shirt.
The vehicle was described as silver in color, shiny with black wheels and blackwall tires and an open area in the back.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about this person to call Sheriff’s Police at 847-635-1188.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]