Attempted Child Abduction Reported in Unincorporated Des Plaines
Posted on May 2nd, 2016
Cook County Sheriff’s Police are looking for a man wanted in connection with a reported attempted child abduction in unincorporated Des Plaines, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 9 a.m. today a man holding what appeared to be a knife called out “Come here” to a 10-year-old boy near the 10000 block of Holly Lane, according to the Sheriff’s Police report. The boy had missed the school bus and was returning home when he encountered the man. The boy ran home. The man left the area on foot.
The man is described as a Middle Eastern or Black, in his 40s with dark brown eyes, black hair, dark brown complexion, approximately 5’10” to 6’ tall and approximately 190 to 210 pounds. He has a birthmark or a blemish above his eyebrow. He wore a plaid Kangol type hat and a tan trench coat.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about this person to call Sheriff’s Police at 708-865-4896 or 847-635-1188.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]