Attempted Child Abduction Reported in Unincorporated Des Plaines
Posted on May 2nd, 2016
Cook County Sheriff’s Police are looking for a man wanted in connection with a reported attempted child abduction in unincorporated Des Plaines, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 9 a.m. today a man holding what appeared to be a knife called out “Come here” to a 10-year-old boy near the 10000 block of Holly Lane, according to the Sheriff’s Police report. The boy had missed the school bus and was returning home when he encountered the man. The boy ran home. The man left the area on foot.
The man is described as a Middle Eastern or Black, in his 40s with dark brown eyes, black hair, dark brown complexion, approximately 5’10” to 6’ tall and approximately 190 to 210 pounds. He has a birthmark or a blemish above his eyebrow. He wore a plaid Kangol type hat and a tan trench coat.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about this person to call Sheriff’s Police at 708-865-4896 or 847-635-1188.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]