Animal Abuser Registry
Pet sellers, pet shop operators, rescue service organizations, animal shelters, and the general public can now actively engage in animal abuse prevention.
The online registry lists convicts of animal abuse crimes such as cruel treatment, aggravated cruelty, animal torture, depiction of animal cruelty, and dog fighting.
In this animal abuser registry, you will find the name and address of animal abuse offenders for up to fifteen years past their conviction date. If an abuser is convicted a second time, he or she will remain on the registry for life.
Animal abuse offenders need to register in person with a Sheriff Deputy at any of the 6 Cook County Municipal District Courthouses within 5 days from the date of conviction or release. Failure to do so will result in a fine of up to $2,000. Any animal abuse offender who attempts to adopt or purchase an animal shall be subject to a fine of up to $5,000.
*Cook County Ordinance 16-2631 establishes the creation of an Animal Abuser Registry
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]