Animal Abuser Registry
Pet sellers, pet shop operators, rescue service organizations, animal shelters, and the general public can now actively engage in animal abuse prevention.
The online registry lists convicts of animal abuse crimes such as cruel treatment, aggravated cruelty, animal torture, depiction of animal cruelty, and dog fighting.
In this animal abuser registry, you will find the name and address of animal abuse offenders for up to fifteen years past their conviction date. If an abuser is convicted a second time, he or she will remain on the registry for life.
Animal abuse offenders need to register in person with a Sheriff Deputy at any of the 6 Cook County Municipal District Courthouses within 5 days from the date of conviction or release. Failure to do so will result in a fine of up to $2,000. Any animal abuse offender who attempts to adopt or purchase an animal shall be subject to a fine of up to $5,000.
The Cook County Animal Abuser Registry is only accessible on the Safari, Chrome and Edge web browsers.
*Cook County Ordinance 16-2631 establishes the creation of an Animal Abuser Registry
Recent Press Releases
- Manager Charged In Connection With Ongoing Criminal Investigation of Sexual Harassment at Edward Hines, Jr. VA HospitalCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police detectives are conducting an ongoing investigation [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation to Resume Sunday, March 14, at Cook County JailCOOK COUNTY, IL – In-person visitation at the Cook County Jail is scheduled to resume on Sunday, [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution Following Sheriff’s Police StingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution after Cook County [Read More]
- La Grange Park Man Charged with Aggravated Vehicular HijackingCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police arrested a 20-year-old La Grange Park man after he [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]