22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex Buyers
Posted on February 25th, 2021
Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued
citations to 22 men and towed 19 vehicles after the men responded to online prostitution advertisements, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Wednesday, SVU officers set up meetings between the would-be sex buyers and an officer posing as a person selling sex at a hotel in Northwest Cook County.
Once the buyer agreed to exchange money for sex, SVU members waiting outside entered the room and took the individual into custody.
All 22 men were issued a $1,000 citation for violation of the Cook County public morals nuisance ordinance, and 19 vehicles were towed under the ordinance, requiring the vehicle owner to pay $500 to reclaim possession.
Sheriff’s Police aggressively pursues sex purchasers and offers services and support to individuals who are trapped in the sex trade.
“Sex trafficking is not a victimless crime,” Sheriff Dart said. “Many victims – primarily women – suffer violence and abuse, and my office is committed to offering them the assistance they need while making it very costly for those who seek to purchase sex.”
Recent Press Releases
- 25 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Man Charged with Illegally Transferring FirearmCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 22-year-old Midlothian man has been charged after a Sheriff’s Police [Read More]
- Man Charged with Aggravated Battery to a Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with multiple felonies after a Cook County [Read More]
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Ford Heights ShootingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after an investigation [Read More]
- Woman Charged with Stabbing Woman, Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 42-year-old woman has been charged with aggravated battery after a Cook County [Read More]