22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex Buyers
Posted on February 25th, 2021
Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued
citations to 22 men and towed 19 vehicles after the men responded to online prostitution advertisements, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Wednesday, SVU officers set up meetings between the would-be sex buyers and an officer posing as a person selling sex at a hotel in Northwest Cook County.
Once the buyer agreed to exchange money for sex, SVU members waiting outside entered the room and took the individual into custody.
All 22 men were issued a $1,000 citation for violation of the Cook County public morals nuisance ordinance, and 19 vehicles were towed under the ordinance, requiring the vehicle owner to pay $500 to reclaim possession.
Sheriff’s Police aggressively pursues sex purchasers and offers services and support to individuals who are trapped in the sex trade.
“Sex trafficking is not a victimless crime,” Sheriff Dart said. “Many victims – primarily women – suffer violence and abuse, and my office is committed to offering them the assistance they need while making it very costly for those who seek to purchase sex.”
Recent Press Releases
- Manager Charged In Connection With Ongoing Criminal Investigation of Sexual Harassment at Edward Hines, Jr. VA HospitalCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police detectives are conducting an ongoing investigation [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation to Resume Sunday, March 14, at Cook County JailCOOK COUNTY, IL – In-person visitation at the Cook County Jail is scheduled to resume on Sunday, [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution Following Sheriff’s Police StingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution after Cook County [Read More]
- La Grange Park Man Charged with Aggravated Vehicular HijackingCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police arrested a 20-year-old La Grange Park man after he [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]