21 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex Buyers
Posted on April 9th, 2021
COOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued citations to 21 men and towed 17 vehicles after the men responded to online prostitution advertisements, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Thursday, SVU officers set up meetings at a hotel in Northwest Cook County between the buyers who arranged meetings over the internet and an officer posing as a person selling sex.
After the buyer agreed to exchange money for sex, SVU members waiting outside entered the room and took the individual into custody.
All 21 men were issued a $1,000 citation for violation of the Cook County public morals nuisance ordinance, and 17 vehicles were towed under the ordinance, requiring the vehicle owner to pay $500 to reclaim possession.
Sheriff’s Police aggressively pursues sex purchasers and offers services and support to individuals who are trapped in the sex trade.
“Sex trafficking leaves a trail of trauma in its wake,” Sheriff Dart said. “Too many victims, most of whom are women, experience violence and abuse, and we are committed to pursuing those who perpetuate this trauma by seeking to purchase sex.”
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart’s Child Rescue Unit Locates 1000th Youth in CareCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Police Child Rescue Unit (CRU) located its 1,000th [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Chess Team Places Second in International Chess TournamentCOOK COUNTY, IL – Seven individuals in custody at the Cook County Jail competed this morning in an [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Multiple Felonies for Explicit Texts, Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man who engaged in sexually explicit conversations and sent graphic [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Spotlights Public-Facing Community Resource CenterCOOK COUNTY, IL – With significant challenges facing Chicago area residents who struggle with [Read More]
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]