How Do I?
Request Medical Records (Click for more info)
Note that the Cook County Sheriff does NOT maintain or have access to Cook County Jail detainee medical records. You must contact Cermak Health Services, under Cook County Health and Hospital System, in order to obtain detainee medical records.
Request Movement for Electronic Monitoring, or check on a pending Movement Request
Contact Cookcountysheriff@BI.com or call 877-326-9198
Report Suspected Domestic Violence:
If the violence is occurring right now, call 911. If you suspect ongoing violence, call your local police department.
Report Suspected Child Abuse:
You can either call police, 911, or Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) at the child abuse helpline 800-25-ABUSE (800-252-2873) www.state.il.us/dcfs/index.shtml
Report Suspected Animal Cruelty:
If it is an emergency, call 911. Otherwise, you can call the Cook County Special Operations Unit at 708-865-4720 during business hours or the 24-hour patrol desk at 708-865-4790.
What do I do if I find a gun?
Do not touch the gun. Call 911. Notify the operator of your location and the gun’s location. Then describe what the gun looks like to the operator.
Get my towed vehicle back:
Go to the Sheriff’s Police Patrol Desk at 1401 Maybrook Dr., Maywood, IL with the following:
- Valid Driver’s License (or bring a licensed driver with you)
- Valid Insurance Card
- Proof of Ownership (title, original purchase papers, rental agreement)
- $500 cash or credit card (surcharge/convenience fee added)
You will get a paid stamp on your receipt from the patrol desk. Go to the towing company with the documents listed above and your receipt to get your vehicle back. There will be towing fees. For more information, call the towing company.
Get recovered property back:
If property is “Hold for Owner,” the owner can come with valid identification to pick it up. Call 708-865-4841 to make an appointment.
If property is “Hold for Investigation,” the property has to be released by the investigating officer before the owner can pick it up. The owner can call 708-865-4841 to inquire.
If the property is a gun, the owner needs to have court order papers, or a completed gun packet (notarized) to have property released. The owner can call 708-865-4841 for more information.
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Submit your question using the form below:
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Office Announces Electronic Monitoring Program Transition from Radio Frequency to GPS BraceletsTo address the continued increase of criminal defendants court-ordered to the Sheriff’s Electronic [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police and Deputies Assist Chicago Police Department with LootingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office deployed approximately 120 additional officers to the South and [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Calls for Legislation to Require FOID Card Verification to Prevent Illegal Ammunition PurchasesCOOK COUNTY, IL – With Chicago reeling from a sharp increase in shootings and gun-related homicides [Read More]
- CDC Study Finds Aggressive, Timely Interventions Dramatically Reduced COVID-19 Case at Cook County JailAggressive, comprehensive measures implemented at Cook County Jail caused a dramatic decline in the [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Opens Testing at The New Roseland Hospital for General PublicThree weeks ago in-person visitation resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly [Read More]