How do I set up an inmate phone account?
The Cook County Board of Commissioners recently approved changes to the inmate telephone system that has reduced rates and increased talk times.
Effective Jan. 1, 2013:
Call rates are $1 for the first minute and 20 cents for each additional minute up to 15 minutes for traditional collect calls as well as calls placed to AdvancedConnect prepaid accounts and prepaid phone debit cards.
Effective Feb. 1, 2013:
- The $9.99 Text2Connect option will be eliminated. To receive an inmate collect call cell phone users will need to set up an AdvancedConnect prepaid account.
- The maximum call duration will increase to 30 minutes from 15 minutes.
- Inmates will receive 15 minutes of free calling from the booking area and another 5 minutes of free calling once the inmate arrives to his/her living unit.
AdvancedConnect prepaid accounts are available to friends and family. You are able to conveniently set up and fund your own prepaid accounts directly with Securus Correctional Billing Services by calling 1-800-844-6591 or by logging on to: http://www.securustech.net
The following fees may apply:
- A $6.95 fee to fund a prepaid account.
- An additional monthly fee of $1.99 for prepaid telephone accounts configured to cell phones.
- Taxes and Regulatory fees may be charged where required by federal, state or local law.
- A $2.49 per month bill statement fee to landlines for traditional collect calls.