Please be advised that pursuant to Cook County Circuit Court General Order 2019-01, the recent adverse weather conditions have caused some delays in the enforcement of residential Forcible Entry and Detainer Orders for Possession (Evictions). Pursuant to the Court Order, the Cook County Sheriff’s Office is prohibited from carrying out residential evictions when the outside temperature is 15 degrees Fahrenheit or colder on the actual date of the eviction, or whenever regardless of the outside temperature, extreme weather conditions endanger the health and welfare of those to be evicted. Please keep in mind that this delay may cause your Order for Possession to expire prior to being executed by the Cook County Sheriff’s Office. Please review and comply with 735 ILCS 5/9-117 to ensure that all Orders of Possession remain enforceable. Due to the predicted temperature drop evictions for 2-14-20 have been cancelled.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available to the public to [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]