Please be advised that pursuant to Cook County Circuit Court General Orders and health concerns resulting from the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) enforcement of residential Eviction Orders have been suspended as of March 14, 2020. Please keep in mind that this suspension of enforcement may cause your Eviction Order to expire prior to being executed by the Cook County Sheriff’s Office. Please review and comply with 735 ILCS 5/9-117 or if applicable, Cook County Circuit Court orders to ensure that all Eviction Orders remain enforceable.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart Launches Community Resource CenterIn light of the impending evictions crisis and growing need for mental health, substance abuse, and [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Announces Electronic Monitoring Program Transition from Radio Frequency to GPS BraceletsTo address the continued increase of criminal defendants court-ordered to the Sheriff’s Electronic [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police and Deputies Assist Chicago Police Department with LootingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office deployed approximately 120 additional officers to the South and [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Calls for Legislation to Require FOID Card Verification to Prevent Illegal Ammunition PurchasesCOOK COUNTY, IL – With Chicago reeling from a sharp increase in shootings and gun-related homicides [Read More]
- CDC Study Finds Aggressive, Timely Interventions Dramatically Reduced COVID-19 Case at Cook County JailAggressive, comprehensive measures implemented at Cook County Jail caused a dramatic decline in the [Read More]