Legacy Inmate Communications
Beginning June 13, 2019, Cook County Jail will have a new service provider for detainee phone calls called Legacy Inmate Communications. Funds for the previous provider, Securus, will no longer be accepted for detainee phone call payments. Securus prepaid account balances must be used by June 13, 2019.
To ensure a seamless transition between providers, members of the public wishing to receive calls from a detainee are encouraged to set up pre-paid accounts to their home, cell phone or international telephone number. These accounts will be used to pay for detainees’ phone calls made to a specific number. Money may be added to these accounts beginning June 7.
After June 13, the public may also deposit money to detainees’ prepaid cardless debit calling account. These funds may be used by a detainee to call any number.
Information on how to set up a prepaid account may be found at connect.legacyinmate.com
Questions may be directed to Legacy’s 24/7 friends and family call center at 1-800-356-8390
|Local||$0.06 Per Minute|
|Intrastate (InterLATA & IntraLATA)||$0.06 Per Minute|
|Interstate||$0.06 Per Minute|
|International (Mexico & Canada)||$0.08 Per Minute|
|International (All Others)||$0.13 Per Minute|
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with TraffickingA 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]