Legacy Inmate Communications
Beginning June 13, 2019, Cook County Jail will have a new service provider for detainee phone calls called Legacy Inmate Communications. Funds for the previous provider, Securus, will no longer be accepted for detainee phone call payments. Securus prepaid account balances must be used by June 13, 2019.
To ensure a seamless transition between providers, members of the public wishing to receive calls from a detainee are encouraged to set up pre-paid accounts to their home, cell phone or international telephone number. These accounts will be used to pay for detainees’ phone calls made to a specific number. Money may be added to these accounts beginning June 7.
After June 13, the public may also deposit money to detainees’ prepaid cardless debit calling account. These funds may be used by a detainee to call any number.
Information on how to set up a prepaid account may be found at connect.legacyinmate.com
Questions may be directed to Legacy’s 24/7 friends and family call center at 1-800-356-8390
|Local||$0.06 Per Minute|
|Intrastate (InterLATA & IntraLATA)||$0.06 Per Minute|
|Interstate||$0.06 Per Minute|
|International (Mexico & Canada)||$0.08 Per Minute|
|International (All Others)||$0.13 Per Minute|
Recent Press Releases
- CDC Study Finds Aggressive, Timely Interventions Dramatically Reduced COVID-19 Case at Cook County JailAggressive, comprehensive measures implemented at Cook County Jail caused a dramatic decline in the [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Opens Testing at The New Roseland Hospital for General PublicThree weeks ago in-person visitation resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Resumes In-Person Visitation for Detainees at Cook County JailIn-person family visits have resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly three [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart, New Roseland Community Hospital Opens COVID-19 Test Site for Sheriff’s Office EmployeesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced that a mobile COVID-19 testing site opened today at [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAs part of its ongoing effort to inform the public of the measures being taken to combat the spread [Read More]