Legacy Inmate Communications
Beginning June 13, 2019, Cook County Jail will have a new service provider for detainee phone calls called Legacy Inmate Communications. Funds for the previous provider, Securus, will no longer be accepted for detainee phone call payments. Securus prepaid account balances must be used by June 13, 2019.
To ensure a seamless transition between providers, members of the public wishing to receive calls from a detainee are encouraged to set up pre-paid accounts to their home, cell phone or international telephone number. These accounts will be used to pay for detainees’ phone calls made to a specific number. Money may be added to these accounts beginning June 7.
After June 13, the public may also deposit money to detainees’ prepaid cardless debit calling account. These funds may be used by a detainee to call any number.
Information on how to set up a prepaid account may be found at connect.legacyinmate.com
Questions may be directed to Legacy’s 24/7 friends and family call center at 1-800-356-8390
|Local||$0.06 Per Minute|
|Intrastate (InterLATA & IntraLATA)||$0.06 Per Minute|
|Interstate||$0.06 Per Minute|
|International (Mexico & Canada)||$0.08 Per Minute|
|International (All Others)||$0.13 Per Minute|
Recent Press Releases
- Manager Charged In Connection With Ongoing Criminal Investigation of Sexual Harassment at Edward Hines, Jr. VA HospitalCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police detectives are conducting an ongoing investigation [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation to Resume Sunday, March 14, at Cook County JailCOOK COUNTY, IL – In-person visitation at the Cook County Jail is scheduled to resume on Sunday, [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution Following Sheriff’s Police StingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution after Cook County [Read More]
- La Grange Park Man Charged with Aggravated Vehicular HijackingCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police arrested a 20-year-old La Grange Park man after he [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]