Legacy Inmate Communications
Beginning June 13, 2019, Cook County Jail will have a new service provider for detainee phone calls called Legacy Inmate Communications. Funds for the previous provider, Securus, will no longer be accepted for detainee phone call payments. Securus prepaid account balances must be used by June 13, 2019.
To ensure a seamless transition between providers, members of the public wishing to receive calls from a detainee are encouraged to set up pre-paid accounts to their home, cell phone or international telephone number. These accounts will be used to pay for detainees’ phone calls made to a specific number. Money may be added to these accounts beginning June 7.
After June 13, the public may also deposit money to detainees’ prepaid cardless debit calling account. These funds may be used by a detainee to call any number.
Information on how to set up a prepaid account may be found at connect.legacyinmate.com
Questions may be directed to Legacy’s 24/7 friends and family call center at 1-800-356-8390
|Local||$0.06 Per Minute|
|Intrastate (InterLATA & IntraLATA)||$0.06 Per Minute|
|Interstate||$0.06 Per Minute|
|International (Mexico & Canada)||$0.08 Per Minute|
|International (All Others)||$0.13 Per Minute|
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]