Case Study S. J.
Home > Case Study S. J.
Charge: Criminal Trespassing
Days in Jail: 126 days
Cost to taxpayers: $18,019
- 26 arrests – 9 bookings into the Cook County Jail – a total of 591 days spent in jail at a collective housing cost of $84,513.
In other words, S.J. has spent over a quarter of the last 4 years in jail.
- 49-year-old S.J.’s most recent arrest occurred on December 2, 2014 for Criminal Trespass to Real Property. Bond was set at $10,000 on this case. She has been in custody for 126 days – over 4 months – on this case alone. The housing cost for this booking so far is over $18,019. She was found psychologically unfit to stand trial by the court and is currently awaiting placement at the Department of Mental Health.
- All but two of S.J.’s past bookings have been for Criminal Trespass to Real Property at a variety of locations – a parking garage, Walgreen’s, yards outside of private residences, and public parks. These cases have been resolved with a variety of outcomes: Stricken off/Leave to Reinstate (4), Time Considered Served (2), and Ordered to the Department of Mental Health (2).
- Behavioral Clinical Exams have been ordered for S.J. in past cases. She has either been found unfit to stand trial or fit to stand trial with medication.
- In many cases, S.J. is released on an I-Bond and subsequently either fails to show up to court or gets re-arrested. She is then booked back into Cook County Jail and given additional charges for Violation of Bail Bond.
Recent Press Releases
- Manager Charged In Connection With Ongoing Criminal Investigation of Sexual Harassment at Edward Hines, Jr. VA HospitalCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police detectives are conducting an ongoing investigation [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation to Resume Sunday, March 14, at Cook County JailCOOK COUNTY, IL – In-person visitation at the Cook County Jail is scheduled to resume on Sunday, [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution Following Sheriff’s Police StingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution after Cook County [Read More]
- La Grange Park Man Charged with Aggravated Vehicular HijackingCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police arrested a 20-year-old La Grange Park man after he [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]