Case Study A. M.
Home > Case Study A. M.
Charge: Criminal Trespassing
Days in Jail: 173
Cost to taxpayers: $24,739
- 25 arrests, 20 of them within the past year – 11 bookings into the Cook County Jail. Of the 11 bookings, 10 have occurred in the past year
- A.M. is currently in the jail on a Criminal Trespass to Vehicles case. He was arrested January 3, 2015 after being curbed for not having a rear license plate. He admitted to having a revoked license.The next day, he was released on an I-Bond. When he did not appear in court on January 6th, a warrant was issued for his arrest. The warrant was returned January 17th when he was arrested for attempting to steal a can of beer totaling $1.29. He was brought back into jail custody on this case, the original Criminal Trespass to Vehicles case, and for a Violation of Bail Bond. The Retail Theft was dropped after 24 days while the other cases continued.
He is been in custody for a total of 173 days on this string of cases – total housing cost for this booking is $24,739.
- A psychological exam has been ordered by the court to test A.M’s fitness to stand trial and understand court proceedings.
- In another case from March 2014, A.M. was arrested for Criminal Trespass – Remain on Land. This arrest occurred at a shopping mall, where he was first observed in a restaurant bathroom tearing up toilet paper. When asked to leave, he wandered through the mall yelling profanities at customers. He spent 39 days in jail before the case was dropped.
- The address that A.M. provided to officers at booking is a homeless shelter.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]