Case Study M. S.
Home > Case Study M. S.
Charge: Retail Theft of liquor
Days in Jail: 309 days
Cost to taxpayers: $44,187
- 48 arrests – 19 bookings into CCDOC – 9 admissions to IDOC
- 49-year-old W.B.’s most recent arrest occurred on October 2, 2014. He was identified by staff at a local grocery store as the offender who had taken several bottles of alcohol and left the store on a bicycle on a few different occasions.
- He was released onto Electronic Monitoring the next day but was subsequently booked back into Cook County Jail for another, almost identical retail arrest with circumstances almost identical to the original arrest.
- Between time on Electronic Monitoring and time in jail, W.B. has been in custody for 186 days on these retail theft charges. The estimated cost to house for this booking is $26,598.
- His lawyers have been attempting to get him placed into specialty courts but have not yet had any success
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]