Animal Abuser Registry
Pet sellers, pet shop operators, rescue service organizations, animal shelters, and the general public can now actively engage in animal abuse prevention.
The online registry lists convicts of animal abuse crimes such as cruel treatment, aggravated cruelty, animal torture, depiction of animal cruelty, and dog fighting.
In this animal abuser registry, you will find the name and address of animal abuse offenders for up to fifteen years past their conviction date. If an abuser is convicted a second time, he or she will remain on the registry for life.
Animal abuse offenders need to register in person with a Sheriff Deputy at any of the 6 Cook County Municipal District Courthouses within 5 days from the date of conviction or release. Failure to do so will result in a fine of up to $2,000. Any animal abuse offender who attempts to adopt or purchase an animal shall be subject to a fine of up to $5,000.
The Cook County Animal Abuser Registry is only accessible on the Safari, Chrome and Edge web browsers.
*Cook County Ordinance 16-2631 establishes the creation of an Animal Abuser Registry
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Office Partners with Loretto Hospital for Staff COVID TestingCOOK COUNTY, IL – As the city of Chicago continues to battle a second wave of COVID-19 cases, the [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation Temporarily Suspended at Cook County JailWith the number of COVID-19 cases in Chicago and Cook County on the rise, and in light of the [Read More]
- COVID-19 Rise in Community Leads to Case Increase in Cook County JailAs the Chicago area experiences a significant rise in COVID-19 cases, the Cook County Jail is also [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Office Launches Co-Responder Virtual Substance Abuse Assistance ProgramCOOK COUNTY, IL – With the COVID-19 pandemic presenting new challenges, Cook County Sheriff Thomas [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Criminal Sexual AbuseA 51-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]